Life well dressed

Baby Gender Reveal Lunch!

Sep 8, 2017


It's a....boy!

(pics straight from Icloud, sorry for crappy quality!)
Dress: Leith (Nordstrom), Shoes: Splendid

the cutest cupcake toppers from Etsy



my mom's ugly cry face when she found the blue center 








So I know this is a couple months late, but I figured I would share a bit of my pregnancy journey with you guys with this post. 

Backstory: I knew I was pregnant almost right away and took the test early because I hate waiting. I found out when I was 4 weeks along, so that's super earlier than most women! My doctor said we couldn't find out the gender until I was 20 weeks along or 5 months, so waiting almost that whole time to find out was killing me! It really was the longest 5 months. I am not good with surprises and I really wanted to start getting to know my little bean and finding out if it was a girl or boy was the start. We already had our name picked out for each gender, and I was waiting on purchasing anything until we knew. 

Well the day finally came at my regularly scheduled appointment on a Thursday, and then our family's gender reveal lunch was that Sunday. Well just my luck that some miscommunication in the office occurred and they couldn't squeeze us in for the ultrasound that day! I was crushed. They were nice enough to squeeze me in the next morning since I started crying that now I would have to reschedule the lunch that was already planned for months.  So the next day we went in, I was shaking I was so nervous/excited and they did the anatomy ultrasound which took about 30 mins, and about 5 mins in real casually the nurse goes "and here is the arm....and it's a boy...." !!! She said he was waiting to show off his goods to the camera and that he isn't camera shy at all. Yep, this is my child alright!
We were so happily surprised, Steve and his mom thought for sure it was a girl, my mom thought for sure it was a boy, and I didn't care either way and I never had any inclination to what it was.  I never had any crazy symptoms, cravings, etc. and all the old wives tales were mixed results. Well, I was driving to the mall after to purchase my first something for my little guy and all these thoughts starting going through my head such as"omg what am I supposed to do with a boy?!" and then " before you know it he will be 18 and leaving me forever". Um, can we say hormones? 

So the day of the lunch went great, I had ordered cupcakes for each person to get the surprise and while it was fun having a secret for a couple days just the two of us, it was really hard not to spill the beans. Everyone was so excited and my mom was sobbing it was so cute. It was a beautiful day in Cleveland and I was so happy to share it with the ones I love most. This is the first grandchild for my parents so they are overjoyed and I couldn't do it without them! 

Since then I have bought a ton of clothes, am prepping for my shower, and even took some spur of the moment maternity pics, which I will share soon! 

xo

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS