Life well dressed

Finding Your Perfect Foundation for a Flawless Face

Sep 28, 2017


So today I thought I would do a different kind of post since Reviews.com reached out to me in regards to how I go about finding the perfect foundation for my beauty routine. Back in the day when I worked in high-end fashion boutiques I wore makeup every single day. As I started getting older, I realized my skin was not loving makeup and I went through the experimental phase of spending money on all the designer brands to see if one of their foundations would work for my skin. Flash forward to today, and I only wear full face makeup for special events or nice dinners out. Especially now that I'm pregnant, my skin hates any kind of makeup! I do have my favorite go-to's however, which I've posted at the end! Here is how (now close to age thirty) I finally figured out how to shop for my makeup.

Finding a perfect foundation is a huge undertaking. There are so many pieces of the puzzle to think about and consider: the formula, the coverage, the shade. When it's all said and done you want a formula that evens out your skin tone and looks great all day.

When picking out a foundation there are a few factors to consider. Checking out ingredients is always smart because some formulas might contain ingredients that increase the risk of skin irritation, clog pores, or increase the risk of sun damage. You also want to make sure there is a shade that actually works with your skin tone. Some lines have limited options so you want to make sure there is a match for you. Then you need to consider the finer points like finish and amount of coverage you are looking for. While all of this can seem like a lot it really is worth it when at the end of the process you have a seamless match that truly gives you a flawless face. 

Rather than having to do this entire process yourself there is an alternative. Reviews.com recently went through this entire process and created a guide to help beauty mavens as they try to find their perfect match. Take a look here: http://www.reviews.com/foundation/ to see their full guide to finding foundation. 

Here are the two foundations I go between (and sometimes mix together for the perfect shade) 


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS