Life well dressed

Fall Boot Guide 2017

Nov 7, 2017


I know fall is already here so I'm a little behind, but each year I do a guide on how to wear boot trends and styles. What I am loving this season? The boho, high-heeled boot that is slightly slouchy, and the rich, velvet fabrics to add some glam to a basic boot.I picked above my favorite styles this year from different price points and I will share how best to wear them!

The Stacked Heel Ankle Bootie: (Styles #1 through #5)
These booties are probably the most popular and widely worn because they can be worn so many different ways. Remember it's all about proportion when styling short boots so they don't seem to "cut off" your legs.These boots look best with skirts (mini to midi), dresses, and skinny denim or leather leggings.

The Rugged Boot (with a feminine twist)
If Timberland's just aren't your style (raises hand) but you still want a boot to romp around the pumpkin patch in and look chic, look no further. The stacked wooden heel gives you some feminine height while still looking perfectly rugged for outdoor fall activities. Wear these with cuffed denim (straight, boyfriend or skinny) and some layered flannel and vest action up top.

The Flat Bootie
This particular style (plus the laser cut bootie) has been popular for a couple years now because it is cute for one, but an easy and chic shoe to throw on in the summer and fall months. These look cute with about any casual outfit (shorts, leggings, jeans, etc) and even with short dresses. This is more of an everyday bootie and a great transition shoe into colder weather.

The Dress Bootie (styles #8 and #9)
Oh my heart with these booties! Give me a sharp toed, black patent bootie anytime and I'll dress like I mean business! I call these the "New York City" boots as when I think of styling them, I think all black layers like capes, leather pants and a bad-ass attitude. In normal day to day living, these would be especially cute with holiday mini-dresses layered with a sharp coat and tights.

The Over the Knee Boots
These two particular boots I have been lusting over all season (also can we talk about the amazing color of the Zara slouch boots?!). Over the knee boots can be worn many different ways, such as over skinny denim and leggings, with dresses, etc. but as a nod to my love for throwback 70's style, I would style these babes with dresses of all lengths, long duster sweaters and faux-fur vests. For a more casual look, over leggings with a chic tunic and cape to top it off. 

What is your go-to style of boot for fall, and how do you like to style it?
xo

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS